It is my second home in Europe. I'm visiting Brussels six times a year because of my business meetings. I should tell the truth that the city is not my favorite spot for entertainment. So I strongly suggest you to think carefully where you are staying and where you are eating in Brussels!
- It is always the most diffucult part - The Airport!:
Brussels Airport takes almost 14km from the city centre. You can either use a taxi which costs you around 50€ or you can also use the train service to the city centre which takes about 30 minutes and costs €2.60.
- How to discover the city - Some travel info:
You can arrive Brussels-Midi station by using Eurostar train service from London and Paris. Centrale station is the city-centre stop. With your Eurostar ticket, you can end your trip at this station, it is free!
You can discover the city on foot yet, it depends on your schedule. I should confess that I could never achieve to walk more than an hour. Always keep in mind that the metro and buses are easy to use.Renting a bcycle is always an option. If you are in a business trip you'll be using taxis which are affordable with most accepting credit card payment.
- This is what we always wanna know - Info about the opening times:
Monday to Saturday the shops are generally open from 11am to 6 pm. On Saturdays I'd suggest you to not to head out before noon. On Sundays you can find only some souvenir shops open.
** Design Hotel - Hotel Be Manos / web site: www.bemanos.com. Adress: 23 Square de l'Aviation1070 Brussels Tel: +32 (0)2 520 6565 23 Square de l'Aviation1070 Brussels:
- Each room is distinguished by a Karol Cohen photograph. An exclusive bar and a wellbeing spa. Rooms from €140 at weekends, €300 on weekdays.
** Hotel Bloom! / web site: www.hotelbloom.com. Adress:Rue Royale 250B - 1210 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM Tel : +32 (0)2 220 66 11:
- The ELIA(the European League of the Institutes of the Arts - a body that represents almost 350 art institutes across 47 countries and encompasses every creative art form)handled the artistic side of the project hotel bloom.
The result is a totally unique view inside the contemporary art world across Europe. All this inside your Brussels hotel, providing both a fashionable touch to each hotel room and a stimulating environment for the visitor. Prices are aroung 150€. Very nice location, walking distance to the city centre.
** Hotel Le Chatelain / web site:www.le-chatelain.com. Adress: Rue du Chatelain 17 Brussels, 1000 Brussels Belgium / Tel: 32 (0)2 646 00 55
- This is the place where I'm staying in Brussels. Clean&comfortable rooms, nice service and a good location. Prices changes around 150€. My favorite sushi restaurant "Sushishop" is at a walking distance from the hotel. You can walk among the street chatelain and also walk through the little streets and discover nice small pubs and bars in this area.